4.1 You can only enter the Lottery by the completion of a valid application form which may be published in a variety of forms from time to time.
4.2 A valid registration is one which includes the following information, together with the information set out in clauses 4.3 and 4.4 below:
- (a) Your name and address, so that we can write to you to confirm your entry into the lottery and contact you if you have won a prize.
- (b) Confirmation that you are over 16 years of age (in order to ensure compliance with the Act), or, in some instances certain charities require that you are over the age of 18.
- (c) The number of Chances in the Lottery you wish to purchase.
4.3 You will also be asked to provide the following information:
- (a) Your contact telephone number.
- (b) Your date of birth.
- (c) Your mobile phone number.
- (d) Your e-mail address.
4.4 You will also be required to provide payment information relating to the purchase of your Chances. Payment may be made via the following methods and the relevant information which you must provide will vary depending upon the payment method:
- (a) Direct Debit
- (i) Information required will include your bank or building society details together with an instruction to such bank or building society to make payments by Direct Debit.
- (b) Cheque
- (i) A completed signed and dated cheque would be required when your register. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
- (c) Debit Card
- (i) Information required will include card number, expiry date and card security number.
- (d) Any other payment method made available by the Society and/or Sterling from time to time
- (i) The information required will depend upon the payment method.
4.5 The Society shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your registration. The Society and/or Sterling may refuse to accept an application for an individual to become a Member of the Lottery.
4.6 Following registration you will be sent confirmation of your entry to the Lottery. If you have chosen to pay by Direct Debit you will receive an advance notification letter.
4.7 The confirmation will specify your Game Number(s) and will confirm your name, address and any other details provided as part of your registration.
4.8 It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate and the Society and/or Sterling cannot be held liable for any error.
4.9 If you discover any error in your name, address or any other details provided to us as part of your registration when you receive your confirmation then you must correct this by notifying Sterling in writing or by e-mail as detailed in clause 14. Sterling will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. Neither the Society and/or Sterling shall be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Lottery and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such correction has been made. Any correction notified to the Society and/or Sterling shall only become effective once the correction has been made.
4.10 Each Game Number is unique. A randomly selected Game Number will be issued to you with your confirmation of entry. You may subsequently request an alternative Game Number if you wish at any time and this will be issued to you providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing Member.